Monday 14 April 2014

Resignation from job.

Our life was going on quite smoothly when suddenly one day my father came from the office (1981)  and told my mother that he had resigned from his govt. job.If you are regular reader of my blog then you must be aware about that my father was an upright civil engineer working in a Govt. undertaking and after getting fed-up with office politics he suddenly took this step to resign.


When my father's elder brother who was working in Ashok hotel came to knew about it he naturally got shocked and told my father that he has committed the biggest blunder of his life since my two elder brothers were in the final years of engineering and myself and my younger brother was in school and he was naturally concerned about our family's future and he conveyed this news to my Grandfather who was alive at that time and was living in his village.


He and my uncle persuaded my father to take back his resignation for the sake of his children's.After lot of persuasion my father agreed to do so but to his utter surprise when he submitted his request to withdraw his resignation he was told by his superiors that it is too late and his resignation was already been accepted by the company and nothing can been done now.


So gloom descended on our entire family but since my father was an upright man there were many fellow colleagues and staff members used to like him for his qualities.One of the P.A of his senior told him that actually his resignation was not accepted till the date of his withdrawal and after getting his letter of withdrawal of resignation they accepted it in the back date and he provided the copies of the letter to my father and my father went to my uncles place with these letters and since my uncle had got his political connection he approached the concerned politicians with this proof and with their intervention the C.M.D of his company was forced to take him back.But this process took two years and in the meanwhile my elder brothers completed their engineering and started their career because of financial condition of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment